Policies placed in Trust can be worth more and pay out faster
Trusts can make it quicker and easier for your family or friends to receive their pay-out against your cover if you die during the policy term. That’s why we give you the opportunity to place your life insurance policy in trust. Using our trust tool we can help you set up your trust when it suits you.
What does a Trust offer?
- Avoid up to 40% inheritance tax*
- Policy pays out faster – by putting it in trust your policy isn’t included with your estate and pay-out won’t get slowed down by the probate process.
- Help prevent your creditors claiming against your policy.
*Depending on the value of your estate, the current HMRC tax threshold as 16/10/2019 is £325,000.
Things to consider
- You need to select people you trust to act as a trustee
- The trustee makes sure your pay-out is divided between your chosen family and friends.
Place your policy in Trust
If you would like to put your policy in trust you can use our online trust tool. Once you have completed the details you need to print off, sign and return a copy to us. We will update your records. A digital copy of the form is saved to your online account, where you can also create the trusts document.