Win £100 by changing your dog’s name to Jeremy7 January, 2016
Calling all dog owners! We’re offering you the chance to win £100 just for changing the name of your pet to Jeremy – after the wacky star of our new TV ad.
If you haven’t yet seen it, here is the new commercial, starring talking Beagle Jeremy:
If you want to volunteer your pooch for a name change – and give yourself the chance to win £100 – simply take a picture or a video of them and post it onto Twitter or our Facebook page using the hashtag #Jeremy by 12:00 on January 14th.
Ten winning dogs will be chosen at random by 14:00 on January 14th, when we’ll send the owners a certificate and a dog tag bearing their pup’s new name.
Each winner will then need to post a picture of their pooch wearing the collar tag by 25th January using #Jeremy to claim their prize of £100.
The competition comes after new research has shown Max, Jack and Daisy to be the most popular dog’s names in the UK.
Traditional dog names like Rover, Rex and Buddy were nowhere to be seen with the most popular list dominated by ‘human’ names including Bob, Alfie and Millie.
MOST POPULAR UK DOG NAMES
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Jeremy competition (“the Competition”) and entry to the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, therefore, please read carefully.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The promoter of the Competition is Beagle Street, which is a trading name of BGL Direct Life Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 07810405, whose registered office is Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS (“the Promoter”).
4. The Competition is open only to UK residents (excluding employees of the BGL Group third parties involved in the Competition and their families) who are aged 18 and above.
5. To enter the Competition you must agree to name your dog “Jeremy” and submit a picture or video (all pictures or videos must be of a high quality) of your dog via Facebook on the Beagle Street Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/beaglestreet) page or via Twitter (https://twitter.com/beaglestreet) using #Jeremy. All pictures or videos must be submitted by 12:00 on 14 January 2016. Entries submitted at any other time will not count. One entry per person.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not properly received due to technical, communication or other problems. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
7. Ten winners shall be selected at 14:00 on 14 January 2016 at random and notified by private message. The Promoter shall then send each winner a dog collar tag on 18 January 2016.
8. Each winner must claim their prize of £100 by posting a picture of their dog wearing the dog collar tag via Facebook on the Beagle Street Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/beaglestreet) page or via Twitter (https://twitter.com/beaglestreet) using #Jeremy (all pictures must be of a high quality) by 25 January 2016. The prize will be sent to each winner within 14 days of this date.
9. Ten runners up shall be selected at random on 14 January 2016 and will be sent a private message to claim their runner up prize of a dog treat of the Promoters choice.
10. In the event the prize is not claimed by this deadline, the winner shall forfeit their prize.
11. Winners may be required to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with the Competition, including the publication of their names, geographic location and photograph. Winners may be asked to take part in a photo shoot for the Promoter.
12. By submitting the photograph or video to enter this Competition, you agree that the Promoter is able to use the images for future marketing purposes free from any copyright. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that all the necessary permissions are obtained from any person(s) featured. By submitting the photograph or video you confirm it was taken by you and is your own original work and does not contain third party trademarks.
13. All photographs or videos, once submitted for entry in this Competition become the property of the Promoter and you relinquish any claims of ownership or rights in the photograph or video at this time.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter shall not enter into correspondence with respect to its decision. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or exclude any individual for inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to:
• tampering with the entry process, (including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of entries allowed), or any other process, which, in the opinion of the Promoter in any way affects the fairness of the promotion;
• submitting any content which in the Promoters sole discretion is inappropriate, offensive or in poor taste;
• tampering with the operation of the Competition or the website of the Promoter;
• acting in violation of the terms of the Competition;
• violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines on the social networking site;
• acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
• submitting entries on behalf of another individual; or
• any conduct which would put other entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
16. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
17. Details of the winner’s name may be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 6 weeks of the closing date.
18. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.